Caprolone is a structural polymer obtained in the process of low-temperature anionic polymerization of caprolactam, carried out directly in the mold in the presence of alkaline catalysts and activators. It is used for the manufacture of parts by machining blocks of large-sized thick-walled and small-scale non-standard products for structural and anti-friction purposes.
- Shape: rod; Material: UHMW polyethylene; Class: Standard
- Diameter: 2 inches; diameter tolerance: (-0.000" - +0.008"); length: 1 foot; length tolerance: (-1,000" - +1,000")
- White color; Clarity: Opaque; Tensile strength: 4400 psi; Tensile Strength Rating: Poor; Impact strength: 16.0 ft-lbs/in; Impact rating: excellent
- Friction coefficient: 0.15; Friction rating: very slippery; Water absorption: 0.0001; Water absorption rating: Excellent; Density: 0.034 lb/cu. V.
- Hardness: 70D; Temperature range: -70° to 180°F; Specification Compliance: FDA, UL 94 HB